Over the course of my 10 years in hospitality helping create amazing experiences for people, I discovered web development. After getting involved and becoming a co-organizer of the Free Code Camp Nashville user group I knew it was time to make a career change. My wife and I decided
I'm excited to contribute to the Airship team and build stuff in React and expand my skills into React Native. I think a Rails API back end and React front end is a matching of technologies that allows for dynamic and quick iterations. More to come...
Running weekly study groups for current Flatiron School Full Stack Web Developer Program students. Utilizing Zoom for video chat and screen sharing in addition to Slack when needed to interact with students during study groups. Ensuring comprehension of the subject matter and helping students work through their stumbling blocks. Use the Socratic method to help students debug issues when working through curriculum either through chat or 1 on 1 screen sharing. Submit pull requests to fix errors in instructions, tests & support documentation. Create JIRA issues when necessary.
I perform manual and automated testing of the proprietary software solutions created for over 90 different customers with unique setups and requirements. I teach and coach the team on general development practices as they pertain to writing automation tests. In addition, I communicate directly with customers and provide customer support when needed.
As a key contributor to the front end team, I was making meaningful code contributions by day 2. Rezli was an app that was changing from a pure Ruby on Rails app with Slim views to a fully React front end. I spent the majority of my time taking views that were written in Slim and converting them to React components. In addition, I did code reviews for my peers. We utilized Reflux for unidirectional data flow within our app. Working in an agile environment I spearheaded organizing the remainder of our "Reactification" of our front end into a JIRA Epic with associated tasks attached. This allowed the team to actively work on and know where we were in the process.